IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Reality (ICIR)
12-13 May 2021 | Virtual Event
The success of AI machine learning in deep neural networks has led to substantial improvements in computer vision, speech recognition, natural language processing, and other applications at comparable human performance and beyond. The advancement of computer graphics, modeling, and simulation with innovative smart interactive devices energizes the acceleration of immersive computing in the marketplace.
Integrating AI machine learning and immersive computing can propel future Intelligent Reality (IR), providing real-time intelligent assistant user experience for the immersive environment. Also, to make machine learning inferencing more robust with realistic content rendering, leveraging big data for handling Volume and Velocity of data from a single source or Varieties of data from multiple sources would provide the IR the perfect playing field.
Overall, by anchoring these technologies and others being developed such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality (MR), extended reality (XR), and Digital Twins, the line between the physical world and the digital world with analytics capability will be increasingly less distinct.
This conference identifies the challenges and opportunities to deploy AI machine learning into the immersive computing environment. However, two major near-term challenges that need investigation before making the IR an actual reality:
- Device Challenges: Mobile smart interactive devices such as smart glasses, headset, helmet, and others equipped with limited power and storage, current AI machine learning trained models could be huge in size for such platforms, and may also require unique hardware accelerators for speedup execution.
- Application Challenges: There are at least four critical areas that need further research between IR and AI application:
- Integration Challenges: identify issues for how AI Application can work well inside the IR environment;
- Deployment Challenges: identify issues for how AI application can deploy to the IR environment;
- Operation Challenges: user interface, content and context switching, and others; and
- Social/Ethical Challenges: user behavior, safety, privacy, and others.
This conference aims to foster the IR vision by understanding current best practices, future innovations, and standards development for how to effectively and efficiently deploy AI machine learning and deep learning to the immersive environment (VR, AR, MR, and XR). The integration of smart interactive devices, immersive computing, and AI machine learning can transform and enhance learning and human performance in education, science, engineering, telemedicine, healthcare, manufacturing, finance, business, public services, and ultimately our society itself.
For questions or concerns pertaining to this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org