Application Competition for Intelligent Reality (ACIR)
Technological integration of smart interactive devices, immersive technologies, artificial intelligence, machine learning algorithms, IoT, and other emerging disruptive technologies are the future of propelling Intelligent Reality (IR). We challenge developers to create IR applications converging disruptive emerging technologies that provide interactive and intelligent user experience for immersive (VR/AR/MR/XR) environments.
Those interested in competing in the Application Competition for Intelligent Reality must submit their work for evaluation by November 13, 2022. For your IR application to be evaluated and considered for awards, you must meet the following eligibility criteria and adhere to the submission instructions below:
The competition is open to anyone interested in Intelligent Reality development. You do not need to register for the conference to compete. Two competition tracks will be held:
- Professionals: researchers, hobbyists, or professionals.
- Students: from an accredited university
You may register as a team (up to five persons per group) or as an individual.
IR Applications (any developers and university students) submitted to the Competition must meet the following guidelines:
- Implementation needs to be original work (existing or new are acceptable)
- Implement techniques such as AI, ML, and other algorithms and run within VR/AR/MR
- Answer evaluation criteria using the given PowerPoint presentation template
- Record a 5 to 7-minute video (mp4) to showcase key implementation features
- Grant IEEE to post-presentation and video on IEEE ICIR2022 website
- Students must attend an accredited university (for students only)
- Originality: How unique and innovative is the idea?
- Implementation: What design methods and techniques have been used, development platform, language, tools?
- Potential Impact: How does the project contribute to the IR domain?
- To be announced soon
Awards (at the discretion of the Evaluation team)
Awards to be announced soon.
Winners will showcase their submitted video and be asked 3-4 questions during the award ceremony.
Competition Submission Instructions
To participate in the competition you need to upload your PowerPoint presentation and recorded video to your personal cloud storage (Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or others) by 13 November 2022, and email the shared link to firstname.lastname@example.org – See detailed submission instructions, HERE.
- 13 November 2022: Due date to submit presentation and recorded video for evaluation
- 9 December 2022: Notification of evaluation result
- 16 December 2022: Award during ICIR2022 closing ceremony